Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Plush Commission Information


Please read everything before commissioning me!

How to Commission:

Send me an email (artikgato at yahoo.com) or message me on Livejournal or DeviantArt (username artikgato for both sites) and please include at least the following: 


-what kind of plush you are interested in commissioning from me
-a link to pictures and information about the character (a wiki article, for example)
-the relative size of plush you want (doesn't need to be exact)
-any specifics about the plush (alternate coloration, for example)

I will try my best to get back to you asap with any questions I have and if possible, a price estimate and a very rough sketch of how I would design the plush

Payment:
Paypal only!
I prefer upfront payment, however payment plans can be worked out.
I will not begin work on the plush until at least the cost of the materials (usually roughly half of the cost of the plush) has been paid.

Shipping:
I ship via USPS from the southern US. Shipping outside of the US will be expensive.
Shipping prices will vary depending on the size and weight of the plush, as well as where it is being shipped to.
If you would like more expensive/overnight shipping or any add-ons (tracking, insurance, etc.) you are responsible for letting me know, so that I can include these in calculations.
If you do not pay for tracking/insurance, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for the plush after it leaves my hands at the post office.
Wait to pay for shipping AFTER I am done with the plush!

More Information:
Time: Making quality plushies takes a lot of time! I have completed every single commission that I have ever taken on, and I will complete yours as well!
If a plush is taking me an unusually long amount of time, I always try to keep the commissioner posted on the progress of the plush until it is completed.
Repairs: If your plush gets damaged after you receive it (wear and tear, pets, small children, freak accidents, etc.) I will gladly repair it for you, provided you pay for shipping and any fabric or supplies I might need to buy. If the damage was my fault, I will repair the plush free of charge. 

Pets: I live with cats. I will make sure all plush are 100% cat hair free when I ship them, but just to be on the safe side, it may not be the best idea to commission a plush from me if you have bad pet hair allergies.



The Plush:


Felties:

Size: 4" tall or wide
Price: $10 base price
Estimated make time: 1-2 days

Felties are small plushies made out of felt or in rare cases fleece (when a color of felt simply doesn't exist), with the details sewn, painted or drawn on in most cases. They are done in a "two-and-a-half dimension" style, meaning they have a front and a back (or right and left sides), but aren't usually meant to be viewed from the top, bottom or sides (or front and back if they are the right/left side kind).

They come in one size - 4" tall or wide, for $10. Simpler designs will be cheaper, while some more complex designs will be more expensive. Some may not even be possible within the style of the plush. I can include a string in the top so that they can hang or be made into Christmas ornaments. 


Humanoid Felties:

Size: 6 inches tall
Price: Starts at $20
Estimated make time: 1 week

Humanoid felties are exactly like the other felties, except a little bigger and, well, human or humanoid characters. Because there are generally more details for a humanoid feltie, including hair, facial features and clothing, humanoid felties are more expensive. However, like with all of my plush, simpler designs are cheaper, more detailed ones are more expensive. The pictured Britannia Angel feltie, for example, would probably be around $15 due to the relative simplicity of the design. As with the other felties, I can attach string to the top or the back so that the plush can hang.

Fleece Plush:

Size: Varies, usually 8-10 inches tall/wide
Price: Starts at $50
Estimated make time: A week

A basic non-humanoid plush made of fleece, sometimes with felt details (such as eyes, noses, the insides of ears, etc). I can make any animal, most Pokémon, Digimon and other 'mons, food plushies, and probably anything else you can come up with. That includes original designs!

These plush are generally 8-10 inches tall or wide and start at $50 as a base price. They can be made smaller or larger, which will effect the price. Again, remember that simpler designs are cheaper and more complex designs are more expensive. The same is true of color - the more colors of fleece I use, the more expensive the plush will be. 

Some examples include a commissioned Ponyta, Gir from Invader Zim, a commissioned Venusaur, the Warner Brother's RoadRunner, Celebi, and Spiritomb. More examples can be found on my Deviantart.


Humanoid UFO Catcher Dolls:

 
Size: 10-12 inches tall
Price: Starts at $70
Estimated make time: 2-3 weeks

A human or humanoid plush - ANY character welcome! I use fleece to make the bodies, and clothes may be made out of fleece, felt, cotton, polyester fabrics, or whatever I have laying around in my craft room. Characters with odd or unusual skintones are welcome. The skin color in the picture above is my "default" skin tone. The hair will normally be made out of fur, hence the $80 base price. If the character has a hair color that I do not have in fur, I will make it with fleece and the price will be lowered accordingly. You can also request for the hair to be made with fleece or felt for a lower price.

Humanoid UFO catchers ONLY come in the 10-12 inch tall range (some will be on the higher end of the range due to things like hats or large hair). As with the above plush, simpler designs will be cheaper, more complex designs will be more expensive. 


Fur Plush:











Size: around 5 inches tall or wide
Price: starts at $60
Estimated make time: 2-3 weeks


A non-humanoid plush made mostly from fur. These may have some details in fleece (such as the claws in the above picture of the Joltiks), felt or other fabrics. These plush are both smaller and more expensive than my fleece plush for a very good reason - fur is both more expensive and more difficult to work with than fleece.

As with the other plush, the complexity and the size will be huge determining factors of the final price - so much so that the $60 estimate is probably wildly inaccurate. Fur prices also tend to vary quite a bit, which may factor into the final cost of the plushie. 

Examples include Joltiks from Pokémon (pictured above) and Girs from Invader Zim.  

You can also get your very own Joltik plushie - exactly like the ones in the picture above - for just $40 before shipping. Click here for more details!




No comments:

Post a Comment