Sunday, December 18, 2011

Archive Post - First Plushies

2007 was my first year in a real college setting, away from home. I went a little...insane. So I don't have a lot of cosplays to show for that year, but I did start making plushies for the first time.

A note before we begin! With the exception of Gluttony, I made every single plush here using this pattern by the awesome BabyLondonStar. The skins were all fleece, the hair was all felt (Izumi's was yarn), and the clothing was anything I could get my hands on at the time. I made all of these plushies (yes, all 11) in the span of about a month. I'm still not entirely sure how. I blame the insanity.

He turned out better than my Envy costume did *sob*

That coat was annoying and difficult 

Glasses from Hobby Lobby that I sharpie'd
My first foray into making my own patterns. At the time I said "never again", but I've been making up my own patterns ever since.  
My favorite part of this one was the hair.
Complete with huge plushie boobs. Never again.

I don't really have anything to say about this one. 
The scar wasn't appliquéd. I cut an X shape out of the face and sewed it in from the inside.
I cut up an old shirt made of stretch velour for this.
Nothing to say about this one either.
Probably my favorite out of the whole bunch. The hair, the clothes, the crazy smirk, everything about it was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment