Sunday, December 18, 2011

Archive Post - Humble Beginnings

Oh, 2005. That seems like so long ago now. I've definitely learned a lot about sewing and cosplay and everything since then. Here's a look at my first two cosplays ever:


  What can I say about this one? I still have the wig and the dress to this day, and I even into 2012 this is my default "I don't have anything else to wear to this convention" costume. Since the picture was taken I've restyled the wig at least five times, lost a substantial amount of weight, gotten correct shoes, and learned how to properly apply makeup.

Well, here's a look at the only surviving picture of my very first cosplay, all the way back from Animazement 2005, my first attempt at Twilight Suzuka from Outlaw Star. Oh, did I have a lot to learn back then. Like not to use shiny satin, for example. But, I've now made that kimono three times and worn the costume countless numbers of times. And...I still haven't gotten the hair perfect yet. xD  

In contrast to that, I wore both costumes to conventions in 2011. How do they look now that I've got a few years of experience under my belt? (Or...would it be 'under my obi' since...ah, nevermind):

 
I'd call that a success. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment