Sunday, December 18, 2011

Archive Post - 2006 was not my year

So after that first year of cosplay, I could only get better, right?

Oh no. I had incredible beginner's luck with those first two costumes, as you'll see. My second year was, well...


 There are so many things wrong with this picture. I don't even know where to begin. The terrible wig. The dress that doesn't even fit me. The boot covers. So many details just plain wrong or missing. What was I doing in 2006? Oh, right.

 If I remember correctly, right before Animazement 06 I started reading Fullmetal Alchemist, which of course took away from my time to work on Lillymon above. I then decided at last minute to make this costume, which took me a whole twenty minutes or so of sewing...but it took me days to find all of the materials to make it, further taking away from time to work on other costumes. Ugh.
 I later remade both costumes:
Now this is more like it. Correct details, form-fitting costume...
Better wig, better material choice, and hoo boy was I in great shape when I wore this costume the second time. 
So if nothing else, I definitely learned from my mistakes in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment