Thursday, May 31, 2012

Archive Post - 2008 in Cosplay

2008 was the first year that I really started going to conventions and cranking out cosplays. Proof: I went to three conventions and helped run an additional one-day convention over the course of the year, churned out 7 new costumes and remade one!

In March I went to my first ever Momocon and wore my finally updated Lillymon:













 


The next month I helped staff the very first year of NashiCon in South Carolina with my first appearance as Konata Izumi from Lucky Star:











Animazement was next on the list in May, adding another version of Konata and also Tsuruya-san from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi:














And finally, after a summer of sewing and preparing, there was Anime Weekend Atlanta in September, where I debuted three new costumes:












My first Pokémon costume and Pokémon Gijinka, Articuno (one day I will redesign this!),












Kiyal Bachika from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and finally:




Kallen Kozuki from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (reworn at least five times for various conventions and events, even as recently as Otakon 2011). Although retired, this costume is still one of my favorites, and the photo on the right (courtesy of the AWA photography wizards) is one of my favorite pictures of myself, in costume or out.


No comments:

Post a Comment