Thursday, May 31, 2012

Archive Posts - Plushies of 2011

2011 wasn't a very productive year for me, plush wise. I spent a lot of it making more generic "cute" plush - fried shrimp, sushi, rice balls, the works. I also started a new, full-time job, robbing me of a lot of spare time to make plush in. What few plush I made include:



Hungary from Axis Powers Hetalia - almost entirely fleece, with some felt (the gloves, boots and facial features, most notably). I think this is my best UFO style plush to date.


I wish I had a good enough camera to capture it on film - this Spiritomb glows in the dark. I painted all of the green and yellow spots with watered-down glow in the dark paint! It also has plastic beans in the "rock" part so that it can sit on almost any surface.


Hands down my favorite, and my most successful plush to date - my "fuzzy Joltiks". They are life-sized at around 8 inches long, and are made almost entirely out of fur, with fleece "feet" and hand-painted stone and glass beads for eyes. I've made seven of them, and sold all but one - the short-haired one, which was a gift for a friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment