Thursday, May 31, 2012

Archive Post - Cosplays of 2009


Ah, 2009. If 2008 was "busy" with the 8 costumes I wore, 2009 was insane. In 2009 I attended: Katsucon, Momocon, NashiCon (as staff), Animazement, Otakon, and Anime Weekend Atlanta, for a total of six conventions and twelve new costumes. This was not including all of the older costumes I re-wore to various conventions!

If there was one big thing that happened in 2009, it was Soul Eater. I did three different SE costumes:

















 
Eruka Frog at Katsucon






Tsubaki (with Black Star) at Momocon

   

















And finally Liz Thompson (with Patty and Death the Kid) at Animazement

My group also did a large and impressive fighting/dance skit at Animazement, which won fourth place in the Master category!



Of course, I did other costumes as well, including:

http://photo.cosplay.com/36739/1930828.jpg
Roberta from Black Lagoon (Katsucon)

Shelter from the rain - Code Geass, Code Geass R2 - Cornelia li Britannia, Euphemia li Brittania
Cornelia from Code Geass R2 (with Princess Euphemia) at Momocon



















Misaki Kirihara from Darker than Black (at Animazement)


Dosukoi! - Kamen Rider Den-O - Kintaros
Kintaros from Kamen Rider Den-O at Otakon - just a month after I'd started watching Kamen Rider! Kintaros gets a special mention as this is the first of many Kamen Rider cosplays, and still one of my favorites overall. This is also possibly one of the only two costumes where I make a convincing guy. :D



ChiChi from Dragonball Z at Otakon. I made this costume in literally about two days. I was still hand-stitching trim on it in the registration line. Not particularly because I like the character (though she was my favorite from DBZ hands down), but mostly because I got a free badge in exchange for standing around the Funimation booth as a decoration, to promote Dragonball Z. Fun!


















Sabrina from Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen at Anime Weekend Atlanta - only my second Pokémon cosplay, this one was my favorite costume of my favorite Gym Leader. Strangely there aren't many good pictures of this costume in existence...

Mia (Golden Sun) - Golden Sun - Mia Mia (Golden Sun) - Golden Sun - Mia
Mia from Golden Sun at Anime Weekend Atlanta. This is still one of my most impressive-looking costumes, though the boots got almost completely ruined, and the wig is in terrible condition now.


















Ling Yao from Fullmetal Alchemist (manga) at Anime Weekend Atlanta.

And, finally, not for a convention but a fan-run Hetalia-themed cosplay picnic, I did Belarus:



No comments:

Post a Comment