Thursday, May 31, 2012

Archive Posts - Cosplay of 2011

2011 was an interesting year. I went to ten conventions total throughout the year, but only cosplayed at about five of them, and only made new costumes for four of them. I ended up repairing, updating and re-wearing many old costumes, including Tao Jun, Touko, Sabrina and Twilight Suzuka. In total I had six completely new costumes, including:

Snow! -  -
Platinum/Dawn/Hikari from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, in her Platinum outfit. This I wore to Katsucon specifically because I wanted a costume I could wear in the snow. And...there wasn't snow. Well, there was a large pile of snow, but that was about it.




For a complete change of weather, my next costume was at Animazement in May, the absolutely sweltering heat combining with the fact that the fabric I made this costume out of, and the wig, were heat-trapping, and you get the very polar opposite of the cold from Katsucon:

 -  -
Yuzuruha from Muramasa: the Demon Blade

Next at Otakon was possibly my favorite costume from all of 2011:
 - The World Only God Knows - Elsie I LIKE FIRETRUCKS - The World Only God Knows - Elsie
Elucia de Lute Ima, or simply Elsie, from The World Only God Knows. A comfortable costume (once I got the hang of wearing it), somewhat recognizable, and it looks great in photos. Also firetrucks!

Also from Otakon was the last-minute "get a free badge in exchange for essentially being a living prop" cosplay, Nino from Arakawa Under the Bridge:
Newest Photo - Click for More!
Okay, I'll admit that was the most comfortable costume, especially in the freezing cold Dealer's Room, and that wig wasn't all that bad to wear, either. Plus explaining Arakawa Under the Bridge to people was highly entertaining.

Finally, at Anime Weekend Atlanta I debuted two new cosplays:


Gijinka Masquerain (bringing the total up to seven Pokémon costumes). Comfortable and eye-catching, it was a great Sunday costume. And finally, to fulfill my Kamen Rider quotient:

 - kamen rider fourze - kamen rider fourze
Kamen Rider Fourze-tan!

...okay, this is cheating a little. The original version had a different wig (the same white wig I used for the Yuzuruha cosplay above) and the headpiece was an awful-looking circlet, and the wrist bracers were awful-looking too, and...well, this is a picture from Animazement 2012, and I like it more, so I'm putting it here instead, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment